AMERICAN BOARD OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology
Dr. Carlos W Vazquez is originally from Puerto Rico, USA. He received his medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus where he excelled academically. He completed his internal medicine internship at UT Southwestern at Dallas and his ophthalmology residency at the University of Puerto Rico. He then went on to complete a fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology, Orbital disorders, and Oculoplastic Surgery at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Vazquez pursued further training in a second fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology from the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (University of Miami).
Dr.Vazquez joined West Texas Eye Associates of El Paso in 1998.
- Pre-med: University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus
- Internal Medicine: UT Southwestern at Dallas
- Ophthalmology Residency: University of Puerto Rico
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (University of Miami
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The North American Neuro-ophthalmology Society (NANOS)
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- American Society Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Diagnosis, medical, and surgical treatment of neuro-ophthalmic diseases
- Diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment of ophthalmic diseases in the pediatric population.
- Comprehensive eye care in adults and children
- Cataract surgery
- Dry eye syndrome
- Medical and minimally invasive surgical treatment of glaucoma
Dr. Vazquez in his spare time enjoys cooking for his family, exercise, and watching movies with his family.